We're Moving to a new Location June 1st and Need Your Support!
After our the building we currently lease (209 Oberlin Road) was purchased we had to find a new facility by May 31st. After an exhaustive search we've signed a 5-year lease for a space at The Royal Bakery building on Hillsborough St! Moving this early in the life of Sonorous Road was not our plan so we need the community's support to relocate in the new facility. Check out the IndyWeek article with the announcement and head over to our Kickstarter campaign to learn more!
Other Ways You Can Help!
We have partnered with Fractured Atlas, a leading Arts support organization, to establish a tax-deductible fund for friends and supporters of Sonorous Road. 100% of your donation will go towards scholarships, public theater productions, and other ways that support the local arts community. If you have any questions or would like to learn more please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the button below to access our Fractured Atlas page.
Monthly General Fund Support
If you're able to provide a small, monthly amount in support of Sonorous Road's mission we'd love to have you become apart of our community on Patreon! Patreon is an arts-focused crowdfunding site that operates on regular donations by fans in support of a group's artistic vision. Joining us on Patreon will allow you to be an integral part of our mission and provide us with a stable pool of resources to advance our mission.
No amount is too small, so if you can afford $10, $5, or even $1 a month, we'd love to have your support!
We are always in need of volunteers for many different tasks and activities around Sonorous Road. No matter how time you have to give or what you like to do we can find a way for you to help. Here are some of the things we always need help with and if you have a suggestion for something else please don't hesitate to send us a message at email@example.com. If you're interested in getting details on any of the volunteer teams head to our Sign-Up Genius and put in your information!
- Marketing Team
- Help spread the word about SR programming and the mainstage shows put on by Sonorous Road – as well as the visiting shows in our space. Be part of the team that comes up with strategic marketing plans (or just be there ready to help that team with the work!).
- Fundraising Team
- We need business and personal donors. If we are going to commit to a ten-year lease, we need to know we are not alone in the financial burden of Sonorous Road. This team will work with our development staff to execute amazing events and strategize on bringing in the support we need.
- Grant Writing Team
- It would be great to have some funding so we can make our programs even better than they are now. Do you know about grants? Do you like to write? We would love to have you join this team.
- Front of House Team
- Michelle and her small staff need help vacuuming. And watering the plants. And “answering phone calls and thirty to forty emails a day, looking for next month's clients, meeting people, giving tours, booking space, checking ticket sales” and “cleaning toilets and caulking holes.” [Quoting smart people from http://bit.ly/Indy-SR ] So if you have any time to just come be with us as Sonorous Road – join this team and we will put you to work!
- Move Team
- Once we are able to secure our new space, we will need help sewing curtains, painting black walls, hanging a new light grid, etc We will start some of the work in March and the final move is planned for the last week of April.
Don't have any additional time or financial resources to support Sonorous Road but still want to help? No problem! One of the biggest issues facing local, independant arts groups is awareness with the broader community. We offer professional theatre productions, a rentable theatre facility, camps, classes, and workshops and always need help spreading the word so more people can enjoy them!
Here's a few current topics that you can share with family & friends and on social media to help us grow our audience which will in turn allow us to bring more of our vision to life!
- Spring 2017 Classes: https://sonorousroadstudio.com/spring-2017-classes/
- 2017 Track Out Camps: https://sonorousroadstudio.com/2016-2017-track-out-camps/
- 2016-2017 Main Stage Professional Theatre Season: https://sonorousroadtheatre.com/2016-2017-season/
- Master Calendar of All Public Events: https://sonorousroadtheatre.com/calendar/