Auditions for The God Game
CALL FOR ACTORS!
Sonorous Road Productions is seeking actors to audition for their upcoming Main Stage production of THE GOD GAME by Suzanne Bradbeer. This timely and relevant political drama explores questions of faith and friendship, diversity and loyalty, choices and consequences. THE GOD GAME will be directed by local director and Dramatists Guild Member June Guralnick. For more information on the show please visit https://sonorousroadtheatre.com/the-god-game/.
Stipend available and equity actors welcome who are willing to work under a Special Appearance Level I Contract.
TOM: (30s-50s) Popular junior senator from Virginia. A war hero with strong convictions that sometimes fall outside party lines. Deeply in love with his wife, LISA.
LISA: (30s-50s) A woman guided by deep religious faith. Strong advocate for local women’s shelter. Politically savvy, fun-loving and passionately in love and protective of her husband, TOM.
MATT (30s-50s) Ambitious right-hand man to a governor running for President. Close former friendship with TOM and LISA (and past lover of Tom’s now deceased brother).
Appointments are NOT required and any interested actors may arrive during either of the open audition windows listed below. All actors must bring an updated resume, headshot, and have a 1-minute monologue prepared (any genre is acceptable). You will also be asked to fill out a schedule conflicts form (see important dates below).
If you are not available during the listed audition periods but still wish to audition for the show please send your headshot and resume to email@example.com to request an appointment. You may also use this email address if you have any questions on the audition process.
- Open Auditions (Sonorous Road Theatre, 209 Oberlin Road, Raleigh, NC 27605)
- Saturday, Dec 3rd (10AM - 1PM)
- Monday, Dec 5th (7:30PM - 9:30PM)
- Callbacks (Sonorous Road Theatre, 209 Oberlin Road, Raleigh, NC 27605)
- Saturday, Dec 10th (1PM - 4PM)
- Read-through with cast (one evening during this block)
- Dec 12th - 14th
- Tech Week: January 29th – February 2nd
- Production Run: February 3rd – 6th, February 10th – 12th, February 16th – 19th with possible pick-up rehearsals on Wednesday nights during the run